News & Advisories
What's happening in my neighborhood?
Here's a way to find information on "County" projects, 24/7 from anywhere with internet access, including mobile devices. Click here...
Constitutional Amendments Approved by the Voters. Click here...
NEW: Property information summary page designed for Realtors (mobile website): Click here...
This link will bring you to a mobile web site with a lookup that dynamically queries information from several different GIS layers for an individual property.
NEW FEATURE: Free standard reports available to the public. Plus, custom reports including variance buffer data. Click here...
Additional Property Tax Exemption for Military Personnel
An additional property tax exemption is available for military personnel.
Those who qualify are members who already have a homestead exemption, and who were deployed during the preceding calendar year on active duty outside the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii in support of any one of the following conflicts:
- Operation Noble Eagle, which began on September 15, 2001
- Operation Enduring Freedom, which began on October 7, 2001
- Operation Iraqi Freedom, which began on March 19, 2003 and ended December 15, 2011
- Operation New Daw, which began on September 1, 2010 and ended December 15, 2011
- Operation Odyssey Dawn, which began on March 19, 2011 and ended October 31, 2011
- deployed for ½ year; exemption 50%
- deployed for whole year; exemption 100%
Exemption applies to all county, city, school district, and special district taxes.
A service member’s spouse or designee may file an application on behalf of an eligible service member. Contact the Martin County Property Appraiser’s office at 772-288-5608 prior to September 1, 2011 for filing information.
NEW FEATURE: Navigator Parcel Map Search
NEW FEATURE: Print icon on the Real Property Summary Page
NEW: GIS Shapefiles with Property Information
Chinese Drywall - Property Value Impact
- Comparison of Taxes Levied County and Municipal Governments Fiscal Years 2011-12 and 2012-13
- Distribution of Taxes Levied by Property Type, FY 2012-13
- Technical explanation of the methodology and sources used in the development of these tables